EQUIPMENT & TOOL INSTITUTE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
CANDIDATE INFORMATION SHEET
Advance the vehicle service industry by providing technical data and open dialog between the manufacturers of transportation products, government regulators and the providers of tools, equipment and service information.
POTENTIAL BOARD MEMBER ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to commit to ETI’s mission and goals.
- Ability to commit the time needed to attend the institute’s meetings and events as necessary.
- Ability to commit the necessary time to:
- read, study and to contribute to ETI’s projects
- Provide meaningful dialog and input into the decision making process
- Participate in ETI’s various committees
- Be an employee of an ETI member company in good standing
- Have the full support of your company and your supervisor(s)
STRUCTURE OF THE BOARD
Per ETI’s bylaws the ETI Board of Directors is comprised of nine (9) directors elected by the members and Immediate Past President. Directors, with the exception of officers, take office on the first day of the next month following affirmation at the annual meeting of their election and serve for a term of three (3) years, with one-third (1/3) of the directors elected each year. Directors may be reelected at the conclusion of their terms to additional terms on the Board of Directors.
Directors, as such, shall not receive any stated compensation for their services as directors.
Board Members are expected to attend four Board meetings per year held each quarter, usually in January, April, July and October. Meeting requirements also include teleconferences as necessary.
RESIGNATION OR REMOVAL
Any Director, may resign at any time by giving written notice to the President, the Executive Manager, or to the Board of Directors. Such resignation shall take effect at the time specified therein, or if no time is specified, at the time of acceptance thereof as determined by the President or the Board of Directors. Any Director may be removed by a two thirds (2/3) vote of the members present, following notice, at any regular or special meeting at which a quorum is present. In the event any officer or Director should become disassociated with a member firm for over ninety (90) days, he/she shall be deemed to have resigned, and shall cease to hold his/her elective position.
In the event a vacancy should occur by an officer or director, this vacancy may be filled by the Executive Committee with ratification by the Board of Directors until the next regular election of the membership. This person who fills the vacancy must meet the criteria for a regularly elected officer or director.
BOARD ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall strategic direction for the organization and monitor progress in achievement of goals.
- Establish policies in support of the Bylaws and mission. Annually approve a budget and have discretion in the disbursement of funds.
- May adopt such rules and regulations for the conduct of its business as shall be deemed advisable
- May, in the execution of the powers granted, appoint such agents as it may consider necessary.